UX Career Booster 🚀
Projects to teach new UX Designers how to deliver great experiences
in the real world of work
Our projects teach you vital skills you will need after taking a UX course or bootcamp.
Chris and Christina co-founded UXmentor.me in 2013 to help those new to UX to transition into the world of work.
With a combined total of over 20 years of experience, they are the perfect mentors to guide you.
Our projects are 6 hours per week across 3 sprints.
Understand the problem
- Kick off the project and meet your team
- Understand the problem space and your assumptions
- One free ticket per special exhibition
- Create a comprehensive research plan
Understand customer needs
- Talk to users and understand their needs
- Create a discussion guide, conduct research and capture observations
- Analyse findings and create actionable insights
- Use research insights to develop concept designs
- Prototype your solutions
- Project 2 Beta – What we learnedAt UXmentor.me, we have spent the last 6 years mentoring people who have taken UX courses or bootcamps to help them transition […]
- Project 2 – Sprint 4 – Show & TellSprint Lead: Xochitl Greetings! We’ve made it! This is the end of week Sprint 4, and the end of the project. We’re […]
- Project 2 – Sprint 3 – Show & TellSprint Lead: Ina Hello from the UXMentor.me Project 2 team! It’s the end of Sprint 3 and it was another jam-packed sprint […]
Why are you doing these projects?
At UXmentor.me we have spent 6 years mentoring people who have taken UX bootcamps and courses. In many cases they do not leave them adequately prepared or adaptable to the real world of work.
Constraints such as budgets, timelines, stakeholders and resources mean you can’t always deliver a ‘textbook’ UX process as taught.
We want to train the next generation of UX Designers and Researchers to be able to cope with these constraints and deliver high quality user centred design to the world.
Who is this for?
Our projects are recommended for those who have just started a new UX Design or Research role and are struggling to apply the theory they learnt on their UX course or bootcamp.
What knowledge do I need before I join?
In order to make the most out of our projects we recommend you have either:
1. Been on a UX bootcamp (e.g. General Assembly, Flatiron school, Springboard)
2. Taken an online UX course (e.g. Udemy, Lynda)
You should also have a working understanding of Agile.
Do I have to be in the UK?
At the moment we are only accepting candidates from the United Kingdom. We hope to open this up to more countries soon.
How long are the projects?
Our projects last for 6 weeks, split into 3 sprints.
When do I need to be available?
There are two types of activity:
1. Flexible activities which can be conducted at any time
2. Scheduled activities – various team calls and workshops which are at set times
You need to ensure you are available to attend all set time activities.