These terms & conditions apply to UXmentor.me ‘UX Career Booster’ projects.
UXmentor.me is a UXR LTD brand (Company number 08927425. Registered in England.)
Upon successful application to the project you will be sent details to make payment for the project fees. You must pay the project fees in full within 48 hours of acceptance to secure your place.
If this payment is not received within 48 hours your place will be forfeited.
2. Cancellation and refunds
You can cancel at any time within 14 days of your payment.
- If the project has not started when you cancel, you will receive a full refund less a £30 administration fee.
- If the project has started when you cancel, you will have to pay for the value of the service you received up to that point on a pro-rata basis. This will be deducted from your refund. You will also be charged a £30 administration fee.
No refunds will be issued:
- After 14 days from your payment date
- If you are dismissed from the project for any of the reasons outlined in section 4
Participants are expected to be available for the duration of the project to complete their commitments.
If a participant will be absent for a scheduled activity, the participant must notify the mentors no later than 9:00AM on the day the participant is expected to be absent.
A participant may not miss more than 2 scheduled activities per project. It will be at the discretion of the mentors whether the participant is permitted to remain in the project after 2 instances of missing a scheduled activity.
A participant may be dismissed from a project for any of the following reasons at the mentors discretion:
- Breaches of our community values
- Breaches of Intellectual rights described in section 5
- Excessive absence as described in section 3
No refunds will be issued for breaches of these terms.
5. Intellectual rights
No materials provided by UXmentor.me for the purposes of delivering the project (not limited to: guides, feedback, templates) may be redistributed, nor may they be used for any commercial purpose, without prior written permission from UXmentor.me.
You understand that all projects and work created while on a project may be used by UXmentor.me in promotional materials, online, and other print media.
UXmentor.me may provide you with the ability to create, post, or share content, including messages in chat rooms, online video, comments on blog posts, as well as Student Work (“Your User Content”).
You or a third-party licensor, as appropriate, retain all intellectual property rights to Your User Content. You are responsible for protecting those rights.
You represent and warrant that:
- you own Your User Content posted by you during the project or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in these Terms;
- the posting and use of Your User Content during the project does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, intellectual property rights, or any other rights of any person
- the posting of Your User Content during the project does not result in a breach of contract between you and a third party. You agree to pay all monies owing to any person as a result of posting content during the project. You also acknowledge and agree that any content you post is non-confidential and non-proprietary.
6. Third-party services
UXmentor.me may link to third-party websites to facilitate its provision of services to you and enable you to work on the project.
We choose these services based on their conformance to the GDPR – however, you should familiarise yourselves with their privacy policies.
UXmentor.me is not responsible for these third-party websites. Through our use, we do not endorse the organisations sponsoring such third-party websites or their products or services.
You agree that UXmentor.me is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as a result of any such dealings you may have on or through a third-party website.
7. Payment processors
UXmentor.me currently uses a secure third-party payment processor (Stripe) to process project fees.
Our third-party payment processor accepts payments through methods detailed on the applicable payment screen. Information that you supply to our payment processors is not stored by us or within our control, and is subject to of our third-party payment processors’ own privacy policies and terms and conditions.
Our Third-party payment processor may charge a fee to process payments and UXmentor.me is not responsible for any fees charged by them. UXmentor.me disclaims all liability with regard to any fees or problems you have with our third-party payment processor.
8. Project cancellations
We may at times have to cancel a project for reasons such as:
- Not filling all spaces required to begin or continue a project
- Mentor illness
In these instances you will be refunded in the following ways:
- If the project has not started you will be entitled to a full refund
- If the project has started you will be entitled to a pro-rata refund
Our UXmentor.me projects are not designed for anyone under the age of 13.